Understand the evolution of gastronomy in Barcelona, from medieval times to present day, and how ingredients from “mar y muntanya” (sea and mountain) have shaped the region’s cuisine.
Taste at least 14 different Spanish and Catalan delicacies and dishes, from the simple and sublime to the innovative and imaginative. Also included in the tour are tastings of at least 3 different local drinks.
Experience the bustle of a local market, make your own pan amb tomaquet, watch chefs at work, visit a traditional artisan’s store, and try drinking from a traditional porron vessel during this interactive tour.
The cost of the tour is €98 per person
The tour runs every Saturday starting at noon.
The tour lasts approx. 3 hours
Maximum 8 people per group.
La Confiteria cafe, nearby Paral-lel metro station.The meeting point is outside
Why Book With Us?
- All inclusive price. Your 98 euros covers all food and drink in the tour description, expert guide, plus all taxes, booking fees etc.
- We are local. Our small team has been living in Barcelona for over 25 years in total. We support local farmers, market traders, bodegas / restaurants, and stores, and everything you taste on the tour has been grown and/or produced in Barcelona, Catalonia or Spain. Our company is registered and pays taxes here in Spain.
- Small group. We prefer exploring in a small group, for a more intimate and authentic experience. Our max. group size is 8 people.
- Sustainability. Because we taste only regional and Spanish products our tour has a low carbon footprint. Furthermore our tour takes part in one of the least touristic districts in the city – Sant Antoni. In recent years this central district has evolved from a purely residential district to home of several gastronomical trends (vermouth renaissance, hipster cafes, and creative tapas – this is where the Adria brothers opened all five of their new Barcelona restaurants) and is the most interesting place to eat and drink in the city today. By avoiding the touristic areas you are avoiding congestion, and are part of a sustainable way of travelling, instead of contributing to the problems of mass tourism in Barcelona.
- New kids on the block. We are the latest food tour to launch in Barcelona… and for that reason we have gone out of way to design what we believe is the very best food experience in the city! Otherwise what would be the point 😉
For more photos and to stay in touch check out our Barcelona Food Tours Facebook page.